Past Successes By Our Columbia Injury Attorneys
The following are some of our most successful cases.
Proffitt & Cox Representative Cases
- $10,250,000 was recovered on behalf of surviving family members after a trucking accident caused by tire failure led to the wrongful deaths of six family members
- $4,000,000 was procured on behalf of 20 clients who used the dangerous drug Vioxx and suffered medical issues
- $3,050,000 for residents affected by nearby plant emissions in which our attorneys served as class counsel in this class action lawsuit
- $3,000,000 for a medical malpractice client who underwent an elective surgery and sustained a life threatening surgical infection as well as permanent injuries
- $2,500,000 was gained from both an at-fault driver and negligent medical providers after our client suffered injuries from a motor vehicle accident and was given negligent medical care at the hospital
- $1,100,000 on behalf of a teenager who suffered a traumatic brain injury while riding as a passenger during a single car motor vehicle accident
- $985,000 for a client injured from a fall after construction contractors failed to install safety handrails
- $900,000 was obtained on behalf of a client whose leg was amputated after a tractor-trailer collided with his car at an intersection.
- $550,000 was obtained in a medical malpractice and civil rights case involving a jail inmate whose medical condition was not managed properly
- $500,000 recovered in a medical malpractice and civil rights case for a client whose medical condition was not properly treated while being held in a county jail, leading to a traumatic brain injury
- $400,000 in a dental malpractice case from a dentist who caused injury and cosmetic defects while installing a bridge for a patient
- $300,000 for a patron of a fitness club who suffered a neck injury due to a defectively designed, improperly inspected and maintained piece of fitness equipment
- $250,000 recovered on behalf of injured family members and the estate of a young boy who died when a large truck struck the rear of their car
- $225,000 for property owners who suffered environmental contamination of their property
- $200,000 for a client who was hurt in a collision because of inadequate safety warnings during roadway construction
- $175,000 in an employment wrongful termination case
- $150,000 for driver injured in automobile accident due to another driver falling asleep at the wheel
- $150,000 for a passenger with neck injuries sustained in an automobile accident rear-end collision
- $135,000 for a client in a personal injury claim who was injured when she fell through an open man hole that was left uncovered by contractors
- $125,000 worker’s compensation settlement for client with ankle injury
- $117,000 in combined worker’s compensation benefits and proceeds from a third party claim against an at fault driver for client in an auto accident on the job
- $105,000 in a workers compensation claim for a client who fell from a ladder at work and injured his back and neck
- $104,000 for work’s comp client who sustained back injury
- $90,000 acquired on behalf of the family and estate of a client whose motorcycle was struck from behind on the interstate, which resulted in the client’s wrongful death
- $90,000 Federal Tort Claims Act recovery for federal inmate who received negligent medical care from prison physicians
- $90,000 received from contract whose home was contaminated with mold
- $83,000 in a workers’ compensation award for the family of an employee who was shot and killed while working at a restaurant
- $80,000 plus injunctive relief in class action for apartment residents with mold contamination and other defects in their apartments
- $75,000 for a client who suffered from neck injuries and chronic headaches after a motor vehicle accident
- $75,000 for a small business for accounting malpractice by the business’ accountant
- $72,5000 for claim related to employer’s failure to pay an employee wages and commissions that the employee had earned
- $68,000 on behalf of an employee of a national corporation who suffered racial discrimination
- $65,000 on behalf of policy holder related to fire claim under homeowner’s insurance policy
- $65,000 for slip and fall injury to knee at a major retailer
- $60,000 gained for a wrongfully terminated municipality employee
- $57,000 obtained for a client who suffered an injured knee after being struck by a car in a parking lot
- $50,000 for injuries sustained in one car collision
- $50,000 for a client injured in a collision with a drunk driver
- $50,000 for client injured when he was thrown from moving vehicle
- $50,000 for small business client in unfair trade practice act claim against a service provider
- $50,000 for injuries sustained on by health club patron on a defective treadmill
- $50,000 for breach of contract related to sales arranged by agent for manufacturer
- $48,000 for a client who was wrongfully terminated from her job
- $45,000 recovery for a clients who received the wrong medication when refilling a prescription
- $40,000 for on-the-job shoulder injury
- $35,000 client in three car auto accident
- $30,000 for whip lash injury following car accident
- $30,000 for car accident rear-end collision injuries
- $30,000 for side impact collision automobile accident
- $30,000 for client falsely arrested by store for alleged shoplifting
- $30,000 for client in rear end collision auto accident
- $25,000 for a client who slipped and fell at a store, injuring her back
- $25,000 for failure to yield right of way car accident
- $25,000 for worker’s comp shoulder injury
- $25,000 for rear end auto accident with neck injury
- $25,000 for bicyclist struck by car
- $24,000 worker’s comp shoulder injury
- $20,000 for client sustaining minor injuries in collision caused by drunk driver
More Representative Cases from Our Columbia Injury Lawyers
- Our attorneys represented a Greer company which was defrauded by an employee-shareholder who embezzled nearly $1 million from the company over several years. Our attorneys recovered a substantial amount for the company in settlement when the employee was required to transfer ownership of a condominium and a rental house to the company, and the employee also granted a second mortgage on other real property to the company.
- Our attorneys represented a Sumter company which suffered a financial loss when an accounting firm failed to properly prepare and file the company’s tax returns and tax payments. The company received a substantial amount in settlement from the accounting firm’s insurance carrier.
- Our attorneys represented a family whose home burned to the ground as a result of an electrical fire, helping the family deal with a reluctant insurance company, which had failed to pay the claim promptly and in full until the family hired a lawyer.
- Our attorneys defended an answering services provider against a competitor’s unfair competition claim, and successfully got all the claims against our client dismissed.
- Our lawyers represented a manufacturer of roofing materials in a construction case in which plaintiffs alleged various defects existed in the construction of a University of Georgia laboratory. We reached a settlement through mediation, and our client was able to preserve the significant business relationships with the other parties involved in the case.
- Our attorneys represented a surety in a claim involving several alleged defects in a high-rise condominium construction project. We not only settled the owner’s claims against our client, but also pursued an indemnity claim against a major subcontractor and resolved it successfully through mediation.
- Our lawyers served a hospital system in a class action suit that claimed that the hospitals failed to give required discounts to certain patients. The South Carolina Supreme Court issued a decision that the statute the plaintiffs relied on was not applicable to the case, thereby reversing a previous trial court decision.
- Our attorneys successfully mediated a case on behalf of a nation lender in which the lender was accused of wrongfully foreclosing on a home mortgage.
- In a case involving a real estate closing attorney who failed to realize that a judgment lien was reported publicly on the property of a mortgage lender, our firm represented the lender and agreed to a settlement that restored the lender’s mortgage to first priority.
- Our attorneys obtained a dismissal in a real estate lawsuit on behalf of potential buyers who were alleged to have breached a contract for the purchase of a home.
These summaries are not a description or characterization of the quality of the attorney’s representation, are not meant as a comparison between us and any other attorney, and are not to be considered a guarantee of a specific result for your case. The facts and legal issues in each case are different, and prior results cannot and do not guarantee or predict a similar outcome in other cases. Each case must be evaluated on its own merit based upon the facts and the law. Our attorneys handled some of these cases while working at other firms, and in some cases, other lawyers participated in the representation of a client. You should consult an attorney for individual advice regarding your personal situation.
Contact Proffitt & Cox, LLP for Your Legal Needs
Our South Carolina injury attorneys have reached many successful resolutions working on behalf of clients in past legal disputes. We work diligently to give individuals and their families the best possible representation we can provide. Contact our civil litigation law firm by calling our local phone number at (803) 834-7097 or toll free at (877) 276-0533 to find out how we may be able to help you.