As previously discussed on this blog, there are reasons to be concerned about undergoing testosterone replacement therapy. Studies have found strong correlations between testosterone medications and increased risk of heart attack, stroke and even death. According to Everyday Health, there are a number of ways to naturally raise testosterone without undergoing testosterone replacement therapy.
- Nutrition – Low levels of Vitamin D and Magnesium are associated with low testosterone levels, so get out there and do some sun bathing. In addition, Magnesium supplements can be found at any local drug store.
- Stress – High stress situations, both physical and emotional, result in increased cortisol release. Cortisol weakens the immune system and disrupts the production of pro-health hormones, such as testosterone.
- Proper Sleep – Poor quality sleep is associated with many of the risk factors correlated with testosterone replacement therapies, including high blood pressure and heart attack. In addition, poor quality sleep results in increased stress and cortisol production.
- Exercise – Though it seems like a no-brainer, at least half an hour of exercise a day contributes to deeper and more restorative sleep, accelerated weight loss and decreased stress.
- Prescription Drug Side Effects – Many popular prescription drugs result in decreased testosterone. As such, a middle-aged man may think he has naturally low testosterone when, in fact, it is merely a side effect of his anti-depressants. Bear in mind, we are not advocating that people stop taking prescription medications.
Androgel, a testosterone replacement therapy supplement, markets itself as a lifestyle drug to men who fear that they have low testosterone and are worried about aging. Similarly, most of the above mentioned ways of naturally raising testosterone levels can become lifestyle choices leading towards a healthier and more youthful existence, which is what most men want from Androgel without the risk of heart attack. For those concerned about cardiovascular issues and high testosterone, the above mentioned tips also contribute to lower risk of heart disease.
Is Testosterone Replacement Therapy The Only Option For Men With Low-T?
If you are currently taking Androgel or another testosterone replacement therapy treatment, talk to your doctor first. Furthermore, if you experienced any chest pain while undergoing testosterone replacement therapy, consult with an experienced pharmaceutical lawyer, because you may be able to receive compensation for your suffering.
[Did You Know: Leafy greens such as spinach are rich in testosterone boosting Magnesium.]
Proffitt & Cox, LLP- Columbia injury lawyer